The group performs theoretical calculations and computational simulations including method development on a variety of molecular systems. In order to tackle the large range of dynamical processes involved, molecular dynamics simulations, electronic structure calculations and quantum dynamical simulations are performed and often coupled.
- Excitation energy transfer in light-harvesting complexes
- Passive transport through nanopores
- Active transport across bacterial membranes
- Time-dependent effects in charge transport systems
- Nonlinear spectroscopy and coherent control
- Member of the DFG Research Training Group “Quantum Mechanical Materials Modelling”
- Member of the DFG Priority Program “Molecular Machine Learning”